How to Connect Your Website Email to Gmail
Not everyone likes to login into third party emails site to check their email, the good news is I can show you how to filter your email and open them in your Gmail account.
The only question is; does your hosting account give you free email? If yes, then this tutorial is for you. If no, then you need to go here to know more on how to create your website email.
Before we begin, make sure you have the following information ready.
- Your website email address
- Your website email address password
- SMTP server (mail.yourwebsite.com)
- Port (Mostly it’s 110)
- And the most important is your own gmail.com account.
Here are the steps you need to follow to add your website email to Gmail.
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page and select Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import tab and locate the Check mail from other accounts section.
- Enter your website email address and click next
- Select “Import emails from my other account (POP3) and click Next.
- In the Username field, type in your new email address (the entire thing)
- In the Password field, enter the password for the email address you provided.
- Select Port 110 for a POP3 connection. For a secure email connection, use Port 995.
- Click the checkboxes next to the options that best suit your needs:
- Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail * (Do not check this box)
- Label incoming messages
- Archive incoming messages
- Click Add Account.
After successfully adding your account, you’ll also have the option of making the added account a custom From address. This will allow you to compose messages in Gmail but have them appear to be sent from your other email account.
Now you can add your email address to also send replies using the same email if you click Yes
All you need to do are the following steps in the next box
- Change the SMTP server to mail.yourwebsite.com (replace with y our own SMTP server)
- Change the Port to 25
- Click Add Account
You’re almost done! The last thing you need to do is confirm everything by checking an email.
In order to complete the process, go to your web hosting email login screen. In most cases, just add webmail before your domain name. E.g webmail.yourwebsite.com. If it doesn’t work, contact your hosting provider to know your webmail login URL.
Login with your new email and password you just created
Check the email from the Gmail Team and either click the link to confirm or copy/paste the confirmation code into the pop-up box
Now you’re done. Happy emailing!